Monday 18 March 2013

Edges


The opening line had been lurking in my mind the whole day yesterday and suddenly, just a few seconds after midnight, it formed into what you are about to read.





Edges  -  18 Mar 13

Edge of the world
Nowhere else to go
I look over
I see me
Looking at me
Wondering who
I am

Edge of time
Nowhen else to explore
In the mirror
Clockface hands clap
Taunt the faces
Of the watchers

Edge of sanity
Nowho else to ask
I ask myself
The same questions
Over and over
Why am I?





Bordering on the tantalising edge of surrealism.  Thank you Muse for your nudges.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. this is fucking brilliant!
    the repetition of 'Edge of' in the first lines; 'Nowhere/when/who else to' in the second lines!

    "Wondering who
    I am" in the first verse and

    "Why am I?" in the final verse!

    LOVE THIS! Outstanding writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooooo pleased you like this poem dani ♥
      I'm glad it had the desired effect
      Thank you for your Wonderful comments dani ♥

      Delete