Sunday 3 March 2013

City of Lost Dreams


I do a lot of my writing between the hours of dark and dream.
Muse suggested the title and the poem grew fairly easily, offering it without any further thoughts as to structure and content.





City of Lost Dreams  -  03 Mar 13


Time
In fractured moments
Surrounds the words
Encapsulates
Fragments of shattered
Thoughts…
Holds them
Prevents escape

Tonight
I ask you to stay
With me
Dream
With me

City talks
Even in the depths
Of night
Dreams walk
Hoping to find … something
Questing for a hidden meaning
To all the images
That share the mind

Calling back the dreams
Please stay
Hold my thoughts
Gently
Hold me

Lost dreams
Asking to be dreamed
Again …
They sit and wait for
The dreamer to
Dream





Wondering what I will find when I start to travel from dream to light.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. really stunning opening! LOVE the final verse!

    "Dreams walk
    Hoping to find … something
    Questing for a hidden meaning
    To all the images
    That share the mind"

    amazing!

    a brilliant poem in its entirety! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dani ♥ for your really beautiful comments. I am rather pleased with this poem.

      Delete