Monday 29 April 2013

The Other Side


Sitting in my office in the early hours, listening to some new [to me that is] Pink Floyd when Muse suggested a few words and this, rather dark poem was birthed.





The Other Side  -  28 Apr 13

No one told me what to say
No one told me …
What to think
Left alone in some other place
With other thoughts
To keep me company
And torment me
With hidden moods

On the other side
Faint screams
Outline the wizened dreams
Where nightmares are born
Offspring of the bastard spawn
Of derelict fairytales
In sad dreams long lost …
Abandoned

No one told me
There was another side
To every story
Every dream
Left me to suffer in my silence
While dreams screamed
Every night
Every day





I'm not entirely certain what my mood was but it seems to give rise to some interesting thoughts and images.  A thank you to Muse for her suggestions.
I have just noticed that the second to the fifth lines, inclusive, of the second stanza actually rhyme ~ I did not intend that to happen.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. frightening, depressing, lonely ~ so much darker than your usual poetry. intriguing and wonderful in a haunting sort of way. i quite like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes like playing with the dark ~ it makes a good counterpoint to the light thing.

      Thank you for your comments dani ♥ glad you like it despite the darkness...

      Delete