Friday 19 April 2013

The Map


I had been watching a couple of vampire + werewolf DVDs¹ when I was nudged by Muse as the darkness fully entered my awareness, this is the resulting poem.





The Map  -  19 Apr 13

Darkness holds a memory
A hint of what is
Of what might have been
And the places
That hold the treasures
Of time and mind

Crystal thoughts
Shining in a translucent
Realm … 
Of worlds and dreams
Held in mind to explore
And savour

One step into the dark
Will show the path
On my hand
In glowing ink
The map is drawn …
I follow





¹ If you really want to know ~ "Underground" and "Underground Evolution" ~ not that this information has any real bearing on the poems.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. oooooooh! this is definitely set up for a sequel or two! very intriguing!

    i had to google "Underground Evolution" to discover you were referring to the movie. {smile}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my offerings have the potential for some additional development but it all depends on whether Muse can prompt me into action.
      Thank you for your suggestion dani ♥ and for your comment.

      The DVDs for these two movies come as a boxed set.

      Delete