Saturday 27 April 2013

Summer Gone


This was written a few hours before "Looking" but I wanted to post that poem first, just because it felt good.  This poem is somewhat heavier in feel and it grew during the late evening and early night.  It was triggered by hearing a piece of music in which I think I heard some words which resonated and inspired me ... though it could just have been Muse whispering.





Summer Gone  -  25 Apr 13


My arm grabbed
Forcing me to look out the window
I realised
Summer was gone
Where did it go?
Where did you go?
Where did I go?

Thoughts itch in the back
Of my mind
Trying to remember
What we said and
How we felt
Was it really so simple then?
Did we know?

The darkness of times past
Shade the thoughts and shroud them
In colours that never should
Be seen in our lives
Wondering why
I want to return
Is it real?

Light of times to come
Shine through my mind
Melodies mix with laughs
New songs to sing
Where am I going?
Where are the paths leading?
Where?





Slightly surreal and somewhat strange but then, we are talking about me.
*Grin*

2 comments:

  1. yes, it is YOU! {smile} i enjoy your surreal poetry. i was surprised with the positive turn this took in the final verse.

    LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to be recognised as strange dani ♥
      Thank you for your Lovely comments.

      Delete