Tuesday 23 April 2013

Dawn Love


The three stanzas you see here were birthed on different occasions.  The second one was born first when I was in bed awaiting sleep, quite a few weeks ago.  The first arrived a couple of nights ago, perhaps that should be mornings ago because I was rather late in heading for bed.  The final stanza arrived this afternoon [22 Apr 13] as I was contemplating how to put the poem together.  I feel that all three work rather well as a unified whole.





Dawn Love  -  22 Apr 13


Dawn chorus
In a slightly frosted world
Blackbird sings
A strident solo
While collared doves
A soft choir
Sings a backing song

I declare my Love ~
Spoken in the morning
Breeze ~
She will hear me there

Aria sung
The air is quiet but
Now I hear her voice
Answering me
Sweet words
Fill my ears
And my Heart





There are times when I am certain that Muse plays her little games with me.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. this is soooooo beautiful, Ainsley! one of my new favorites! stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dani ♥ I really am happy that you enjoy my poems ~ thank you for your Lovely comments ♥

      Delete