Thursday 25 April 2013

Map of the Dream


After my comments in the outro of the last poem posted here, in which I stated that I didn't know if there were going to be more in the "Map" series, Muse presented me with ideas for yet another poem.  It has to be said that, I now feel that there are even more to come.





Map of the Dream  -  24 Apr 13


Wrapped in our dreams
Feeling the icicles of night
Chiming in discord
Hearing old words
Ring out

The cracked bell of dream
An impress of dark
Glides against the Moon
And shatters her myth
As we watch

Asking for the dawn to break
Fracture
A crack of light welcomed
But is it the sun
Or …

Darkness returns
To claim the thoughts
Fantasies fly to taunt the passing
Mares …
We await the next dream





When these new poems are to arrive I cannot guess but I am waiting ...

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. oh! this has a much darker feel to it than the preceding poems in the series! i really love your writing in this one ~

    "icicles of night
    Chiming in discord"

    "An impress of dark
    Glides against the Moon
    And shatters her myth"

    "Asking for the dawn to break
    Fracture"

    very powerful imagery! stunning!

    "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not at all certain how the mood for the "Map" sequence changed ~ there are more to come and the mood will change again.

      Thank you for your Lovely comments dani ♥ I am really pleased that you find my words powerful.

      Delete