Tuesday 14 May 2013

Y Not?


This is a fun little piece ~ primarily it is a Love poem but, as it was developing, I felt that it would be interesting to set myself a bit of a challenge.  I was surprised to find that there are so few useful words beginning with the letter "Y" when trying to write a Love poem ~ here is my offering ...





Y Not?  -  13 May 13


You looked at me
Your eyes smiled a warm greeting
You spoke words of friendship
You hinted at more

Yesterday there was nothing
Yet I always hoped
Yielding to dreams
Yearning for Love

Your eyes asked a question of me
Yet you did not wait
You knew there was only one answer …
Yes





I feel that it works rather well.


Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. you, who is so creative,
    yielded to the temptation
    yearning to express
    your love, your desire
    yet you did not want to yip, yap or yelp
    you know quite well
    yesterday's words of love are better remembered
    yoked only to a whisper rather than a yell
    yes surely was the only answer for you both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful response to my Love poem dani ♥
      Thank you ~ I am really pleased that you could find it possible to produce an answering poem.

      Delete
  2. i so TOTALLY cheated! i used a dictionary. {giggle} sorry...couldn't resist!

    your poem flows with the emotions and imagery
    you are evoking and the "y"s are superfluous
    your love... her love... seems to have blossomed
    your eyes... her eyes... speaking volumes

    a beautiful love poem, Ainsley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and you think that I didn't resort to looking at the two pages of Y words in a dictionary I possess?
      It didn't help though so I relied on a few repeats.

      I Love that you used another Y poem to respond here too ♥

      Thank you for your words and praise dani ♥

      Delete