Saturday 18 May 2013

Bridge Of Memories


This grew during the afternoon of 15 May and continued to form until it was complete just a few minutes after midnight.  The subject line came from a prompt by Muse but, other than that, I have no idea where it really came from ~ it is not autobiographical from this life at any rate.





Bridge Of Memories  -  15 May 13


Thoughts from the past
Images held
In the palm of my hand
As I cross
The Bridge of Memories
And focus on the
Where and when and why

In a world now faded
Hidden from view
Behind so many veils

Beyond the reach of time
No eyes can see
No ears hear the voices
Now

She cast a spell
Tied my spirit
Bound my body
Powerless

Bridge ~
The key to freedom
Fist ~
Hold the thoughts
Release ~
Into the stream
Freedom ~
The key is claimed





I thank Muse for the inspiration and wonder if she can give any background information next time.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. sounds like "she" wasn't the love of your life ~ unless you're into bondage? {smile}

    LOVE LOVE LOVE "Bridge of Memories" as well as the first verse...and the second... and the third... oh, just LOVE this poem!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea who "she" is at all ~ maybe someone from a previous life.
      I don't think that I was into bondage in that life either.

      Thank you dani ♥ for your really Lovely comments.

      Delete