Thursday 2 May 2013

Edge Of Dream


This was not the poem I had intended to post today but when Muse prompted me in the very early hours of today to place these words on "paper" I couldn't resist.  It is another of the "Love Poem" offerings and called rather loudly to be posted.





Edge Of Dream  -  02 May 13


Edge of dream
As darkness falls
I go within
And see my world
As I never have

Ruffled feathers
Cascade across a random
Sky of faded cloud
Stars dance
To an ancient rhyme

You watch
Keep time with a gentle wave
Your smile
Keeps time
With mine

A soft sweet kiss
And I journey further
Taking you with me
Into the edge
Of my dream





I'm rather pleased with the poem and Muse is happy that I decided to post it now.


Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. "Ruffled feathers
    Cascade across a random
    Sky of faded cloud"

    the imagery evoked by your words is exquisite ~ i could close my eyes and see it.

    {sigh} i LOVE your love poems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes my words
      Like the feathers
      Just tumble out
      To float
      Across the sky

      Gogyohka response to your comment.

      I have just noticed that the quote you made is one syllable shy of being an Haikū.

      Thank you dani ♥ for your Lovely comments.

      Delete
    2. i think it qualifies as a "modern" haiku without the extra syllable.

      your words
      float through my mind
      and touch my heart
      allowing me to see
      the world in a new way

      thank you!

      Delete
    3. Thank YOU dani ♥

      Have seen them in all shapes - the only rule seems to be that they must have three lines.


      Delete