Friday 31 May 2013

Deserted Dreams


I was reading a poem by my Lovely friend dani when Muse suggested that I paid more attention to two words.  I asked permission to use them and the poem flowed very quickly.





Deserted Dreams  -  30 May 13

On an old tired landscape
Shapes lie abandoned
Discarded
Like old memories
Near forgotten
From mind

Crying in the wilderness
Of yesterday
Hanging on the thorns
Of misremembered days
Like tattered cloth
Deserted dreams

They hope to be collected
Patched ~ pieced together
Made whole again
To fill the space left
Where the dreams
Used to play





The poem I read can be found here ~ 


~ and I really would Love to thank dani for permission to quote from her poem.

I would also thank Muse for drawing my attention to these words.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. this literally brought tears to my eyes, Ainsley. it is soooo beautifully written and so heartbreaking and if i tried to quote my favorite lines, i would have to quote the entire poem. your writing is always amazing, but lately you have outdone even yourself. a stunning poem!

    thank you for the link back to my poem ~ you honor me to take anything i write and use it {even though your writing far surpasses mine.}

    this is truly extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say dani ♥ apart from thank you.
      This is probably the most Lovely and beautiful comment I have ever received in this blog.

      It was a pleasure to link back to your post, since it was the trigger for my offering I could not do otherwise ~ but it was a good link anyway ~ so thank you.

      Delete