Thursday 30 May 2013

Water Of Peace


This poem grew in the night as I listened to the rain beating against my "office" window.  The seeming anger of the first stanza was offset just as I was trying to sleep when Muse offered the second stanza ~ I had to put it on my phone so that I wouldn't forget it before I woke.





Water Of Peace  -  29 May 13

Talking rain
Coarse words in the darkness
No whispers
After dark
Or dreams of day
In momentary distraction
Drops scratching at the window
Demanding to be allowed in
Restless

Always waiting patiently
With open arms
Singing a gentle lullaby
The Ocean welcomes
The rain back to her
Eternal Love ~ eternal peace





When Muse suggests I have to listen ~ even if it means waking and writing something.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. this is, without question, one of your best poems EVER!!!

    "Talking rain
    Coarse words in the darkness"

    i've run out of adjectives ~ stunning, remarkable, striking, breathtaking, sublime,
    brilliant, superb! absolutely LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dani ♥ you can repeat any or all your adjectives ~ or invent new ones if you like ~ all your comments are wonderful and very much appreciated.

      Thank you again dani ♥

      Delete