Tuesday 19 February 2013

Shadows


Another example of a poem which grew from a two word hint from Muse, this time it was the first line and it flowed quite well from there.





Shadows  -  19 Feb 13


Chasing shadows
In the corridors of my mind
Ancient portraits
Hang on dusty walls
Sightless eyes stare
As I pass below

Cobwebs blow
Shaken by the wind
Of my frantic flight
To catch a fading fragment
Of a shadow
Printed on faded wallpaper

Shadows drift
Living in imaginary places
Where sunlight takes on
Colours of a dream
Still I run to catch
Shadow chasing





Thank you Muse for yet another lovely, gentle, push.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. "Chasing shadows
    In the corridors of my mind"

    truly stunning opening lines to an amazing poem! i love the chase through your mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chasing through my mind can be fun ~ there are some Lovely things there but some scary things too ☺
      Thank you for your wonderful comments dani ♥

      Delete