Friday 22 February 2013

Roads & Remember


Sitting in the very early hours of the morning, listening to music when slowly Muse started to suggest a few words to me.  The resulting poem is actually two interlinked poems, different but fully connected in feel and theme.





Roads & Remember  -  22 Feb 13


The road past my door
Is empty now
Though my memory still hears
The footsteps you left

I recall the Lovely words
You whispered
To me
… Remember

The road across the moor
Chill ~ wind blows cold
Forgotten words still spoken
By forgotten voices

You softly said
We shall be together
Again … always
… Remember

The road by the sea
Where we walk
Hand in hand
Your touch always

Your gentle words
Always in my mind
We are together
… Always





I think it works rather well, thank you Muse for your suggestions.


Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. another amazing poem, Ainsley! it works beautifully as one combined poem! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I composed it as a single poem but it does work as two interrelated pieces too.
      Thank you dani ♥ for your lovely comments.

      Delete
    2. it certainly does ~ i read it both ways and love them equally, i think. {smile}

      Delete