Sunday 3 February 2013

Moon-Wind


This poem was inspired by a suggestion from dani after she read one of my Haikū containing the line "Smell the soft Moon-wind".  The suggestion was that I should create a full poem from this line.  Muse heard this and started to suggest places it could lead me.





Moon-Wind  -   03 Feb 13


I dreamed
Waking I wandered through
Empty places
Filled with the memories of her …
Places in mind

Music touched
Playing with the echoes
Filling them
They whisper to me
Recall

Holding me
In her sweet touch and kiss
Remember
She said always in me
Remain

Dancing
Holding close in her smile
Invited me
Smell the soft Moon-wind
Gently stirs





I think that this works rather well but I did get the feeling that this might only be the first of a series of poems using that line.  Perhaps that should be the second poem in a series, if the original Haikū is counted.

The original Haikū was titled "Summertime" and was written on
15 Jun 10

Smell the soft Moon-wind
become the floral perfume
Summertime essence


I wish to thank dani for seeing the potential in the line and Muse for assisting me with her suggestions.


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. thank YOU for giving us such a beautiful new poem, Ainsley! it has a very ethereal feeling to it. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete