Friday 15 February 2013

An Image of Her


This poem grew from a prompt by Muse ~ she offered just the second line and over the course of the afternoon it formed.
Written on 14 Feb 13 and posted today ~ the fifteenth.





An Image of Her  -  14 Feb 13


Dark night air
Heavy perfume painted sky
Held me close
My thoughts of her
In silent reverie
Hold the image
Secret in my Heart
Protected from elements
Which might change
The meanings
Of my dreams
Writing in the night
Telling of feelings
That can only be whispered
Only into the night
To the perfumed phantom
Of the sky





I thank Muse for her suggestion.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful and romantic ~ just a hint of danger and mystery. stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so much danger as edginess I feel, your comments are, as always, very welcome dani ♥ thank you

      Delete