Friday 31 July 2009

Edinburgh - Coulton Hill


This poem was written to commemorate a visit to Scotland many years ago, the journey up from London was long and tiring. Overnight by train and without the benefit of a sleeper birth - I wouldn't want to repeat that journey but the end was worth the discomfort.




Edinburgh - Coulton Hill - 24 Nov 84

In the darkness, morning
Arrival
We climbed the hill
To watch the day begin
Beneath us, in their cars
And buses
The people rush to work
Oblivious

The darkness
Slowly lifts
And we watch the ships
Slip
Slowly

Magenta fire
On the clouds
And Arthur's Seat
Is silhouetted
Against the Dawn




I have been reminded that it actually took me nearly a year to actually put this poem on paper, I find this hard to believe but I will not argue with the wisdom of a Mystic Musician.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment