Wednesday 15 July 2009

Both Sides - All Sides


This is another example of the type of poem I write fairly often, one that explores several views of something.

The first two parts 'came through' almost complete as usual and it was only when I had nearly finished writing it out that I realised that there was a third section to come, I allowed the flow and this is what appeared...



Both Sides - All Sides 14 Jul 09


Me

I dreamed in the night
It was a distant place
I think
Was it past, was it future
Or was it even now?
I cannot even try
To guess

But she was there...
Watching me
As she has done
So many times
Very many times
Before

I waved
But although
I knew she saw me
All she did
Was let her gentle smile
Wash over me


Thee

She dreamed in the night
It was a distant place
I knew
Not the past or future but
In the eternal now
We had built
For ourselves

Now I am here
Watching you
As I have always done
Every time
You came here
Before

You waved
And I saw you
But I knew that
It would not be right
I smiled so you would know
That I saw you


We

We dreamed in the night
It was no place that we
Could ever know
Without past or future
It was no-when
The only place
We could be

We were there
Just watching
As we have always done
In that eternal place
We have always
Before

We didn't wave
Our hands were too busy
Holding each other
Embracing
Our smiles
Intermingled



There are everal points of inspiration for this poem but if I were to tell of them the magic would be removed - and that would never do.

Comments, as ever, are invited...back again soon with the next offering.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. They are truly beautiful Ainsley, very serene

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really beautiful. I felt very moved by it.

    ReplyDelete