Monday 27 July 2009

Friday Morning


Before I actually post the poem for today, I have to make it clear that I obtained permission from the 'star' of the show. I was initially reluctant to put these - yes, there are a few in the series - poems out here but, after consideration and consultation we felt that these were images that formed who I am and how my style developed.

I present...




Friday Morning - 11 Jun 81

Blinking back the tears
And pretending that it's the rain
Falling in my eyes.
Smiling at you now
Trying not to show the pain
Yet more tired lies.

Funny how depression is catching
Funny how the sadness grows
I was alright till I met you,
But, isn't that how life goes?

I woke up this morning feeling quite good
Though the daylight outside was grey
There was no reason to feel at all unhappy
I thought "Just another day"

Funny...




I can still hear the [unwritten] '70s pop song tune running behind the words, one day I may well write the music to go with some of my poems - but that is for another day.

Life wasn't as bad as it looked, there are only a few poems in this series, to be shown eventually.

Back soon friends...


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment