Wednesday 1 July 2009

More from 1985


I take pleasure in adding these poems from the year 1985 to this blog, the first one is yet another Senryū - written at the end of a surprisingly warm spring day after a walk to Eltham Common, in South East London only a few miles from where I used to live, the Common was the subject of several walks.

The title is fairly mundane but the feel is rather special.



Eltham Common 02 Feb 85

When the butterfly
Landed on my hand, we smiled
A magic moment



The second poem comes from a little later in the year and explores some of my key issues, make of it what you will...



Babylon 28 Apr 85

O Babylon
Once upon a time
Your waters washed me.
We parted
Though I don't know how
Or why.
My memories
Of your warm waters
Sing constantly
Through my mind.
Maybe one day
I will return
Though I know not when
But one day
We will dance
Together
Again



I considered adding an image but decided against it; you can see the butterfly, you have been to Babylon - even if it was not in this life so how can pictures help?

Till next time - love to you.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment