Sunday 5 July 2009

The Ancient Songs


I always feel, when I write a poem - or whatever - that I will always remember what it was that triggered the creation of the piece and so I never leave any notes for myself at the time.

False hope!

So this means that I really do not have any real idea where this poem came from but, no matter, I still present it for your reading pleasure.



The Ancient Songs 17 Nov 96

Singing the ancient songs
Ensnaring
Casting the web.
Binding my heart

Holding my heart
Keeping my love
My memories
Those things we shared
Those days we had together
Held forever

Crystal mornings
Crimson sunsets
Silver sea, orange sun,
Sitting, watching, embracing, loving,
Together in the fading light.





There is certainly a link here with Sennen Cove but that happens so frequently that I feel there is no need to mention it.

I hope you enjoyed the offering today.

Love



No comments:

Post a Comment