Thursday 30 July 2009

Nurturing


I just felt that I wanted to play with words - not that this is in any way unusual - and have returned to a verse form that I used many years ago. I haven't shown any of them in this blog yet but I was preparing lunch and was inspired to produce another acrostic.

For those who do not know what this form is, a brief explanation; a word or phrase is written vertically and each letter forms the initial letter of another word - it would be more easily understood if the example here is examined.

I was inspired in my choice of trigger word by a card selected from a deck of inspirational cards, sadly I cannot recall the name of the deck or the company that made them. If I can find this information I will insert it here.




Nurturing - 30 Jul 09

Now taking me
Under your caring touch
Reaching the places in me
That are usually forgotten,
Unremembered. Inviting me to
Rest and be restored
In your gentle caress, where
Nothing can harm me.
Gentle love.




Happy to find that I can still do this.

I may well show some of my earlier acrostics as well some day.


No comments:

Post a Comment