Saturday 25 July 2009

Watching Waiting & Remembering


I wanted to post something today that triggered a very pleasant memory for me, without any further explanation, for the moment, I offer...




Watching Waiting & Remembering - 24 Apr 06

In those long slow
Winter afternoons
That blend seamlessly
Into night
I sit by my window
And wish for you
To be here
With me

Do you remember?
Remember those days
When we shared the
Summer wine
And played those
Little, meaningless,
Meaningful games
In the way
I do?





The only explanation I will offer here is that Sarah McLachlan - singer/songwriter from Canada - was singing "Angel" while I was writing this poem and it may be that some of her rubbed off on me.

No, I will not rephrase that [grinning the whole time I write this closing paragraph]

Comments, if you please...hope you enjoyed reading.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment