Sunday 26 July 2009

New Thoughts


Once again I allowed chance to decide what poem should be posted this time and, again, I feel that something going on in me validates the choice. I am not going to argue but, instead, I invite you to read and maybe comment on...




New Thoughts - 01 Jan 03

The memories and half forgotten schemes
Of all the years gone by
Still haunt the hallways of my mind
And arise to taunt my waking thoughts

We might, we may, we ought
All gone...
Some were realised
Some wait to be re-ignited

But new dreams are waiting
They feed off the memories
And give rise to fresh ideas
Fresh, new thoughts

But occasionally
An old imprint is brought to life
To walk again like an aged ghost
Of a life I used to inhabit

And sadness tinges the happiness
I feel, as I recall the times I have experienced
And wonder if I will ever feel
The same way again

Old, new, where am I going?
Deep within, I know
But still I wonder
If




I have lived through so many different realities that I have difficulty in separating them - maybe that is what these poems are about, hope you enjoy looking at the fragments.

Thank you for reading...

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment