Saturday 1 August 2009

Protecting


I started to put together today's blog post and had fully intended to use one of the lighter works, maybe a love song or something. Spirit, however, had other ideas and every folder and every document opened showed things which were somewhat darker than my usual offerings here - not that this poem is particularly dark but the closing stanza is fairly deep.

I am not going to argue but instead have chosen to post the lightest of the poems I looked at.




Protecting - 26 Oct 85

Night wraps her hands around me
Enfolding my body in her grasp
Protecting
Fending dæmons from my mind,
My eyes, my soul.
In the darkness
Moon dancing
Running rings around the Earth
Star singing
Songs of all the ancient Gods

The morning
Comes too easily
I don't know
Where I am going
Or where I really want to be




As with all these offerings, if you can see anything that looks like a really hidden meaning [something I haven't pointed out in the post] feel free to make a comment - they are always welcome. Don't hesitate...leap in - the water's fine.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

  1. from looking at the date you wrote this I see that we had similiar thoughts running around our heads back then.

    Night wraps her hands around me...great images fill my mind

    March 7, 1989

    I LOOK INTO MIRRORS AND SEE
    A REFLECTION OF ME
    THE WAY I ALWAYS LOOK
    NOT THE WAY I SEEM.

    MIRRORED IN MY FACE
    IS THE ME I AM IN ANOTHER PLACE
    SHE SLEEPS
    AWAITING THE DAWN OF SPRING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing that, your poem is beautiful and - you are right, our styles are remarkably similar.

    Ainsley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, and only sometimes, the night brings on the deepie darks when I cannot sleep, those shadow creatures of doubt, fear and negativity that coalesce at the foot of the bed and throw their hook ended ropes seeking purchase in my pores.

    I like your image of the night being the protector, I can work with that.

    Ty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janine

    Pleased that this could help you.

    I have not found, for many years, that there is anything that the night cannot protect me from and restful sleep always follows.

    Pleased, also, that you visited - thank you.

    A ♥

    ReplyDelete