Sunday 12 July 2009

July Senryū


I was asked recently, how is it that I went to bed so late - and why? I think that the answer to both parts of the question is that I am encouraged to do this by one of my spirit guides. Owl assists access to wisdom and vision and, rather surprisingly - play. I do a lot of my most productive things in the very early hours of the day and this is often when I am shown the little things that grow into poems, stories and whatever else.

This is just one example of this assistance...



July Senryū 12 Jul 09

I

Tasting the night air
Watching clouds skip across stars,
Jewels in the sky


II

Feeling dawn approach
Look eastward, sun rising - he
Tints clouds, magenta



Sunrise over the Bristol Channel taken from th...Image via Wikipedia
















I realise that talk of spirit guides and spirit animals and the like may well alienate some of my readers but I just have to 'say it as I feel it' and if this offends your sensibilities, I am sorry.

To those of you still with me...be with you again next time and in the meantime, watch the sunrise and smile.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Love the sentiment behind the poem as well as the words.

    ReplyDelete