Saturday 19 January 2013

The Mystic's Dream


I was listening to a track by Loreena McKennitt and though I wasn't fully aware of her words, the rhythm and sound textures triggered something in my mind and Muse prompted me to write.





The Mystic's Dream  -  19 Jan 13


Falling
The dance takes
Flight
Open a window in the Soul

Silence
As the Mystic dreams
Flying
Through an image

Shadows
From an open door
Coruscate
A possible land

Beckon
Unicorn tosses his head
Waves
Wash across the shore

Dipping
Water from the well
Fountain
Drinking wisdom

Return
Through the night that sings
Holding
Places in an Infinite dream





From birth to posting only took about ninety minutes ~ with some assistance from Muse.
Just discovered that the Loreena McKennitt track is called "The Mystic's Dream", I should like to apologise for unintentionally stealing that title for my use.  Though I feel that since both works are so different there is no copyright infringement.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. i love the form you used ~ created a very interesting rhythm. mystical, magical poem. i really like it!

    i will check out Loreena McKennitt's music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dani ♥ for your really Lovely comments.
      I am so glad you like my offering ♥

      I think that, in general, you will find Loreena's songs good.

      Delete