Thursday 6 August 2009

The Central Theme


I have to say that I don't know why that title was chosen for the poem, something suggested it and I felt that I didn't want to argue - I'm nice like that. [Grinning broadly while typing...]

Please read and enjoy...




The Central Theme - 16 & 21 Nov 02


I

Kissed a maiden
And was rewarded
With a smile
My friends said "You lucky --- "
But there was nothing
Behind the smile
But emptiness


II

Kissed a mother
And felt guilty
Because she 'belonged'
To someone else
But she was
Everything to everyone
Protector and provider
And her touch was truly
Loving


III

Kissed a crone
And was blessed
Because I dared to see
The beauty within
Rather than the image
That time presents


IV

Kissed a soul
And shared
Infinity





Comments are always welcome...

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment