Monday 24 August 2009

Haunting Whispers


I had been waiting for the nudge from Muse for a little while. I was looking at a scrap of paper with a few random lines that had come to me over the last week. I suddenly realised that these were not in the right order - a few changes were made and suddenly it grew into what you see here.




Haunting Whispers - 24 Aug 09

In the pregnant, poignant times
Torn from the spaces
Between our words
My thoughts reside
Beside the unspoken questions,
Questioning what we are doing
To ourselves.

The pain in our eyes
Is clear to see
For those who care to look...
But, who looks?
You?
Me?
I dare not
Even peek
Between fingers
Pressed against my eyes

I cannot hide from the whispers
The echoes of forgotten
Words and thoughts
We spoke so long ago
Can we make them fade?
Only a few small words
Can drown them out
But dare we say
"I love you"
Again?




Before anyone asks, this poem is not autobiographical - not from this life anyway. I have to admit that the emotions I felt while writing these words were rather stronger than I had anticipated and so may well be another echo from times past.

Till next time...


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment