Friday 7 August 2009

Stolen Dreams


If my memory serves me well, this poem was born when I saw ice-crystals in my garden reflecting the light from a street lamp and the moon and images arrived rapidly - all I had to do was transcribe them and place them on a pad.




Stolen Dreams - 27 Dec 00

Stolen dreams
Pieced together from the fragments
Formed, reformed
Of our nightmares

Forgotten shards
Glinting on the ground
Between the blades of grass
Each holding a separate memory
Of an image
Held and lived then lost
In the night
While stars danced around me

Captive songs
Tell of those moments in the lives
When tears and laughter
Blended in our fears

Forgotten days
Flying before the sun
Riding through the midday heat
Clutching at the bubbles of the thoughts
Formed, insubstantial, as we drift
From moment to moment
To moment
In which we think
We think




A change of mood and feel today but not so very much I feel.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment