Wednesday 12 August 2009

Walking Together


Today's poem is another one from my older works, it called rather loudly to be shown - I have heeded that call and so present it here for you reading pleasure...




Walking Together - 13 Jul 97

We have walked through the darkness
You and I
Our fingertips touching
Guiding, leading
Taking it in turns
To show the way
To help the faltering foot.

We have walked through the dawn
Together
Hand in hand through
The growing light
Confidence, learning
How to take control
Striding toward the sun.

We have walked through the afternoon
You and I
In sympathy, knowing
Our deepest feelings
Taking it in turns
To touch our minds
Our inner thoughts, our lives.

We have walked in the evening
Together
Mind in mind through
The fading light
Knowing that, whatever,
We will always be,
Have always been, together.

We will walk through the darkness
You and I
Eternally together
Our spirits are together
Having drunk from the well
We know that we shall always be
Together.





I hope you enjoyed this offering.

More soon...

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment