Wednesday 5 August 2009

Finding Freedom


This was originally written about someone I knew, the story is somewhat embellished but the overall feeling is certainly valid and is a sort of warning, to myself and everyone else too, about being careful where you put your energies.




Finding Freedom - 12 Jul 03

You have the power
I do not have the strength
To draw you away from me
I cannot spell
My incantations
Will not work
And you draw me
Into your web
To ensnare me
In the darkness
Of your time

When I awoke
I realised
That you did not really
Have the strength
Or the power
To hold me
So
I played
Taking your strength
Taking your power
To me

And then
I woke
And you have no power
Over me
I can create the spell
I sing the incantations
That will allow me
To be free
Of your web
And your darkness is no more




Never wanting to make that kind of connection ever again.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment