Monday 17 August 2009

Broken Promises


This little poem arrived without any real warning to me that it was on the way. The links here are to a few points in my past, without which this poem could never have been born.




Broken Promises - 16 Aug 09

Isn't it strange?
After all the talk
And the games
And the promises
We made...

I reached for you
Tried to touch you
And you weren't there
As you promised
I waited
I waited for you to arrive
But...

You said that we
Would never part
And that our love
Was eternal
We promised
That we would stay
Together
Forever
And you said that you
Would be there for me

I never realised
That promises
Were so fragile
And could be broken
Without a thought

But still I wait
For you

I shall wait




My poetic mind embroiders the memory of what was reality and presents it's own version, this is how and why this vision appeared. Nothing I have been through is as heavy as I can portray it as being...though it makes a good story.


No comments:

Post a Comment