Saturday 15 August 2009

We


Another poem that took a long time to come into existence, it is often the case that the first part of a poem reveals itself quite easily and the remainder takes a little while longer.




We - 07 Jul, 20 Jul, 15 Sep 96


(i)

I am
The bearer
Of the dream

Rider on
The night's
Cool air

Dancer in
The day's
Affair

Keeper of
The
Mystery


(ii)

You are
The dreamer
You know my thoughts

In the night
You know
My steed

The daily music
Guides your
Every move

The mystery
Is no mystery
To you


(iii)

We are
The singers
Of life's song

Walkers in
The sky and
In the clouds

The songs
Drive us on
Across the worlds

And we weave
Our own
Special mystery




I hope you like this one, it has a special memory for me - as do most of my poems.


2 comments:

  1. Its simplicity makes it deep and powerful! No need to expand, it is all there. DD great work!

    Guavate alias Che1969 from Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I am very pleased that you enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete