Tuesday 11 June 2013

You Know What I Mean [Acrostic]


This poem was inspired by hearing one line out of the song by Lesley Duncan entitled "Love Song" ~ that one line formed the acrostic that gave the poem life.  Though this is a rather negative Love song from me, in which the she, who is saying the lines, wishes that things could have been different.





You Know What I Mean  -  10 Jun 13

Yesterday you knew how to
Open the doors to my Heart
Universal keys in your hand

Keeping the treasure of me
Nothing could prevent me
Opening to you
Whenever you asked

What stopped you from
Having me
As you wanted ~ as I wanted you
To take me

I never knew

Maybe I couldn't
Ever be the dream that we wanted
And so we can
Never be together





In a strange way this poem rather pleases me ~ showing that I can write the sad Love songs as well as the ones filled with joy.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. i don't recall you writing a long sad love song ~ a few haikū. beautifully written with an overall feeling of regret and loss of something precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sad Love song particularly spoke to me and requested to be written.

      Thank you for your comments dani ♥

      Delete