Thursday 20 June 2013

Socks


In a little break from tradition, I present a "short, short story".  I hope it appeals to your senses.





Socks  -  20 Jun 13

“Oh, you’re back; I was expecting you home ages ago.”

“Sorry Cathie, got caught up in the field-testing of these new socks.”

I gave Cathie a catwalk style fashion show of the socks and she seemed to be quite impressed, especially when I turned my phone to “speak messages” mode and played back some of what the socks had been telling me.

“You are walking – your balance seems good.”
“You are running – balance is very good, heel and toe positioning fairly good.”
“You are standing still – balance is only fair, you need to adjust your posture.”

That was the latest message, I was feeling tired and just wanted to sit for a while before getting on with some other things.  I just dropped onto the sofa and lounged for a few moments.

“You are sitting badly = weight is unevenly distributed but that may be because you are tired.”

“I know I'm tired dammit.”

“You talk back to your socks?”  Cathie grinned.

I couldn’t help but grin back as I pulled the socks off and padded into the utility room and threw the socks into the washing machine with a few other things and started the cycle.

A few moments later my phone announced that another message had arrived.

“You are drowning – a paramedic has been summoned.”






This was inspired by an article from the BBC News website and I was rather tickled by the idea.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22961029

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. you are VERY good at this style of writing! i started laughing out loud at "field-testing" of the socks and am still giggling. it must be so much fun to live inside your head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dani ♥ for your delightful comments.
      There is a lot of room inside my head you can come in and wander about for a bit ☺


      Delete