Thursday 6 May 2010

Smoke Filled Memories


This poem grew from the first two lines, it had to be put aside for various reasons but when I came back to it suddenly a new focus appeared.





Smoke Filled Memories - 06 May 10

Gentle rain
Smoke dusted sky
Bringing memories
Floating back
Reminding me of a romance
Nearly forgotten
And long since dead
And I thought...
Buried

I didn't realise that she
Could crawl back
Into my thoughts
So easily
And I am wondering
Why she
Would want to return

Hoping that the rain
Will wash the smoky
Memories
From the sky again
So I can put
The tired memories
Away where they belong




This poem is a work of fiction - though there are many who will refuse to believe me...

1 comment:

  1. memories
    from the sky
    sometimes they just float by
    we reach for them
    they reach for us
    and it is only then that
    we realize
    "hey that one is not mine"
    but it came floating from the sky
    into my eye for some reason
    hopefully you saw what you needed
    from this memory
    that wasn't yours :)

    ReplyDelete