Monday 10 May 2010

The Plain of Dreams


This poem grew suddenly from one line that caught my eye, it took about fifteen minutes to be complete and I present it here, now.





The Plain of Dreams - 10 May 10

On the Plain of Dreams
I sit, waiting for the sunrise
The images I carry
Still scattered about me
Mostly viewed
Some unwanted
But some
Still wrapped
Maintaining their mystery

Wondering now
When I will get permission
To open them
To reveal
The promises contained
Within

I hear the whisper
...not yet...
And I begin to grow
Impatient
But I will keep my
Patience
Till permission is granted

The sky is pale
The sun not far behind
And the horizon
Begins to flame





I would like to say thank you to my Muse for all assistance given - without that help, life would be so uninspiring.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. waiting in the wings
    watching the wonders unfold
    sharing a dream
    and making one too
    singing to the sky
    without worrying why
    I watch
    I wait
    and roll in the
    wonder that appears before me

    ReplyDelete