Saturday 22 May 2010

Gentle Hand


Another of the poems which started unexpectedly but required a little coaxing to bring it to some kind of completion. It is a little more 'free-form' than most of the poems here but...well, see what you think.





Gentle Hand - 22 May 10

And time rolled by
Waves across the sand
Stirring my imagination
With a gentle hand

Caressing me
Holding my thoughts
Wrapped in velvet
Cradled in silk
Perfumed
With your special scent
Your essence

Music playing in my mind
Draws an ancient memory
From a resting place
Into the light
Where an examination
Will show
The scars and smiles
In equal measure

You reach out and take it
Into your hand
Smile into it...breathe into it
Give a little kiss
Make it so the pain can fade
Shine the smiles
Then put it back with
Another kiss
To keep it company

Along the strandline
Two pairs of feet
Mark the tide
And trace
The memories
Where imagination has laid
A gentle hand





I sometimes wonder where Muse finds these ideas to feed to me - other times I realise that they are hiding just beneath the surface of my mind.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Joseph Campbell called serendipity “a thousand unseen helping hands.”

    our hands have memories
    that reach beyond
    this moment that we call 'now'
    and when our hands touch
    and connect with
    the hand of memory
    the flashes of insight
    can blow you away

    hands that know
    the flow of lifes glow
    across time and space
    touch and hope with every new touch
    a memory will be released

    ReplyDelete