Saturday 29 May 2010

Rainbows


In the very early hours of the day I kept hearing the word rainbows in various places, internal and external...and it was only when I really started to think about what I was hearing that this poem, or rather, series of poems were birthed. Before going to bed I realised that this was going to be a set of acrostic images and just after I woke I constructed the framework on which the poems were built.





Rainbows - 29 May 10

Reeds against the sky
Etched silhouettes against blue
Day just beginning

Overhead the sky is clear
Rain has washed it clean
Amber sunlight
Now begins to paint the dawn
Glowing with the
Energy of a new day

You brought me through with words
Eloquent, written on my heart
Love poems filled with
Little words...filled with you
Overflowing with the love
Written from your heart

Gathering thoughts
Reflecting old memories
Etched in the
Energy of what is...
Never ending

Blissful
Love
Unending
Eternal

Incense weaving through the
Night air carrying the magic
Dancing through the senses
In mystical songs
Giving wings to the thoughts
Of other worlds

Velvet dreams
Inviting
Opening to
Love...
Elemental...
Transformational





A series of acrostic poems linked only by the theme of "Rainbows", two of these have just been posted elsewhere; "Red" is an Haiku and has been given a hashtag and is on the Twitter stream, "Green" is a Gogyohka and appears with the appropriate hashtag on the Gogyohka Junction page.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. red and yellow paint the sky
    every night as I pass by
    pink and green fill the gardens
    blooming in the day
    purple and orange
    fill me with wonder
    blue is my sky....
    without you

    rainbows flowing across the world
    painting the sky
    with their beautiful hues


    love the way they took you
    expressed in rainbow words

    ReplyDelete