Monday 1 February 2010

Phoenix Trilogy [Senryu]


This sequence of Senryu was birthed over a number of hours, starting relatively early and spreading over the midnight hour. I felt that it would be good to post them all here so that they could be viewed as a whole.





Phoenix Trilogy - 31 Jan & 01 Feb 10


I

She took my heart and
Melted it in her fire
I could not resist


II

Forged in the fire
Mixed with glowing coals; my heart
Made stronger by flame


III

Nurtured by fire
Reborn from flame, I take flight
I am the Phoenix




It is not right that the reasons for the birth of these Senryu be discussed here, only that they should appear for your enjoyment.



1 comment:

  1. Hearts opened to Loves flame
    Kissed by the winds that blows
    Take flight in wonder and delight
    that show us the way home

    Hearts resonate
    to each other and
    to the eternal fire
    they wave their flame
    and in that waving
    we remember why we came.

    ReplyDelete