Monday 8 February 2010

Vigil


Just for a change - not at the waters edge but two miles away. Look west and you can still see the sea, calling.





Vigil - 08 Feb 10

In the sacred circle
She stood
Waiting
Watching the seasons spin
Blending into each other
Snow, rain, sun became a blur
And still she stood

The priests had done their work
Blessed the stones
Sealed the land
Requested the Guardian

And still she waits
Priestess holding vigil
Waiting





I was in deep meditation in the circle one afternoon when I saw some things that made me think, this poem is a 'story' that grew out of what I saw that day but has only just emerged into the world.

No, I have no idea what she is waiting for at this moment - I shall have to ask her...or the Guardian.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is lovely ~ Thank you for sharing

    Your friend @InspdSoulSounds riding the "Wave" of Light to the winds of your poetic heart.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. She stands
    waiting for the hand
    to take hers and set her world free
    to bless the land
    secure the future.
    The wind will blow her all around
    the rain will wash her soul
    as the snow reflects her glow
    only she will know
    when it is time to go


    thank you, that just bubbled up.. I love that about here

    ReplyDelete