Saturday 6 February 2010

Empty Spaces


Yet another exploration of 'sad' and like the previous poems is from a time well before the now; a couple are of women I have known in this life and one is from a life I used to be in and has passed completely.





Empty Spaces - 06 Feb 10

The place where you stood
Is now an empty space
In my mind
The dreams we had
Now gone to dust
And blown by the wind
Across the shores of time

Memories are all I have now
Of where we used to be
And what we used to do
Memories...and a trace of dust
On my palm
A hint of perfume
On my lips
From when we kissed
Fading now
Fading





I have wondered what it would be like to return to the remembered times but at the same time I realise that, since I have changed and the 'you' will certainly have changed as well, this is a pointless exercise - apart from the use for creating poems. Thank you Muse, for permitting a brief return to those spaces...

2 comments:

  1. Scent so easily
    takes us down those roads
    led by our nose
    to the see where it goes
    we follow
    so blindly some times
    down the road
    that leads us to see
    the fact we need to face

    may this sad road
    lead you to where you need to go
    catch you in the waves my friend
    see you in the sky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its in the sharing from our heart space.. we grow and connect ..this is fabulous sharing, fabulous and in those what seem like bitter sweet memories.. ( i could be wrong) there is just that a sophistocated blend of bitter and sweet.. i hope my friend thro' this sharing , you find the new path and light to follow, but then i know too you already have :O) its the traces of the memories you are with here.. and in time those too, will blow and be gone, like the dust on your palm. leaving just love.. just love :O) x

    ReplyDelete