Friday 5 February 2010

Her Promises


After I told someone that there wouldn't be a post here on Muse, because I was having a dry spell, Muse turns round and taps me on the shoulder and requests that I start to write. Problem was that I was doing some messy clearing up so this had to grow in my mind before I could let it out.





Her Promises - 05 Feb 10

She made promises
Promises that sparkled
In the night
That glittered like her eyes
When she smiled

Promises that filled my mind
And dreams...and fantasies
With a promise
Of a beautiful time
To come

When I looked at her promises
In daylight
I saw them for the empty shells
That she had created
And I cried





This is another of the 'sad' phase of poems - I am hoping that this will change soon.

1 comment:

  1. rivers of tears
    cried
    over things
    that did not appear

    promise yourself
    and fill them with cheer
    celebrate them
    here and now

    ReplyDelete