Saturday 13 June 2009

A Vanished Land


A new offering today, it grew out of seeing a shoebox and suddenly the memories came flooding back, I would love to know where the original box is now.



A Vanished Land 13 Jun 09

I recall
The white cardboard shoebox
I kept under my bed
Hidden from the world

In it were the memories
Of the little events
Which meant so much
At the time

The little scrap
Of paper, slightly drunk she
Tied round my finger and said
"Now we are engaged"

Older still, the Valentine's Day card
Presented by two girls
In school, much to the amusement
From my friends

The ticket stubs
From the many concerts
I attended, with my friends
Memories


The passport to that long vanished land
Of my youth
I have not returned
But I still remember that country



This poem may trigger similar thought and images for you, I hope they are as pleasant as mine.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment