Tuesday 16 June 2009

Fairly random selection from '88


I have selected these poems for today without really knowing why I chose them. There must have been some reason but I know not what.

All I ask is that you read and try to understand what was going through my mind at the time and what may be in there now, for me to bring these poems to light at this time - suggestions will be considered, he said - smiling,

The first two are further Senryū, one from my old home and the other from my spiritual home here in Cornwall.



Autumn : Charlton 30 Sep 88

Black Poplar leaves, gilt
Eccentric parachutes fly
From wind-struck branches



Sennen Senryū IV 24 Sep 88

Evening Primrose lamps
Glowing in the twilight. Light
The path to Carn Keys



If you know anything about the Evening Primrose, you will recall that the flowers are a very bright yellow and in the twilight really do seem to glow and can be used to highlight a footpath down the coast path. Carn Keys is that little black studio in the picture of Whitesand Bay below.


Evening, PrimroseImage by Adrian Midgley via Flickr
















Silent Footsteps
04 Oct 88

With silent footsteps
Tread the streets
Beneath the day-star
Walk the alleys
Around the town
Under the maiden moon's
Thin crescent.
And dark of night
Shall cloak your moves
As dance you must
Across the new-sown fields



She Waits 16 Feb 88

I close my eyes to find her.
In the crimson darkness
Dreamlike
She stands waiting for my presence




These last two are a bit of a mystery to me, I don't know the relevance but the imagery is still rather powerful.

I will leave it there and wait for the next time.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment