Tuesday 23 June 2009

Landscapes

It is only because I am re-reading these poems in what is essentially random order that I realise that I have an obsession with; the sea, dreams, dawn, the list goes on.

Do you really think that I care? I am having far too much fun playing with words.

Today's offering comes from 1997 and continues some of these themes.



Landscapes 20 Sep 97

Across
The landscapes of our souls
Travelling.
Where we are bound
I do not know
But though I cannot see
Somewhere

Somehow
We dream
In the darkest night
Moondark
A vision forms

The landscape
While dark
Holds our nightmare thoughts
The phantom dreams
Where night
Meets the half formed dawn
Before the sun can wake the day

Shadows
Flee before the sun
Terrors
Try to hide in the shadows
Within the landscapes
Of our souls

We travel on
To an unknown future
Dreams unfulfilled
Fulfilling
Some of our dreams
We sleep
And let the dawn
Illuminate the landscapes
Of our souls


Reflection in landscapes collectionImage by neeZhom ~ away ~ via Flickr















I feel that this one poem is enough for this time, I like it, hope you did too.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment