Tuesday 9 June 2009

Another couple from 2003


I found these when I was searching for something to add a couple of days ago but didn't want to put too much in for that post.


Sorrows 11 Jun 03

Dark songs
Flowing on a stream
Past my window
Carrying
Dark thoughts
The memories
Of the empty past
Carrying songs
Of forgotten singers
The memories

In the moonless
Starless
Night
The unbidden memories
Return unwanted

Memories flow
Dance in the dark
Spurred on by the songs
Events
Dragged, screaming and crying
To the surface
Again
Why did you wake them?
They were better left
For dead
Among the midnight graves
Of past loves




Why? 11 Jun 03

Why did you turn away?
Why did you go?
I thought
That we
Would be - forever

But time moves on
And so do we all
And you turned
Away from me

You left me on that old deserted street
I was lost
Alone
My dreams broken
And I knew
You didn't care

I thought

But my dreams
Are all I have
And the empty space
Where you once were
Will never be filled

I thought
That we
Would be forever

I thought



I don't feel that it would be right to add any illustrations for this post, once again the mind can provide all the imagery that is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment