Sunday 7 June 2009

Beginings and Night


Just a couple of poems this time, from 2003, getting away from the water themes of the last few posts.

Together Once Before 29 Aug 03

In the æons past
We walked the spaces
Between the worlds
In the gaps in the times
That held the places together

We held each other
We held the worlds
We held the silences
Between the words
That held the words together

We talked
And time began
So we could sketch the space
That held
The us

Then we could be
Together




Night Thoughts 12 Jan 03

In the second hour of the day
I sit and watch
The fireglow dance
Around the coals
In the night, outside
A quarter moon
Rides at anchor
Above the valley

The world around me
Dreams their
Private thoughts
As they slumber
Throughout the night
While I, awake, think
My night thoughts
And write these words



Not wanting to argue with the formatting, I am including just one image to reflect the second poem; I don't think the first one needs anything.

Peace to you.

Embers IIImage by The Joy Of The Mundane via Flickr

















No comments:

Post a Comment