Tuesday 13 August 2013

Part Of My World


Another example of a poem growing out of the title line.  It actually arrived from Muse and I had to wait for the actual poem to follow ~ I was convinced that owls would feature since I could hear Tawny Owls calling through my open window but Muse had other ideas.





Part Of My World  -  13 Aug 13

Moments of existence
Secret places in my mind
Hold time in a gentle grasp
Paints a memory
On the walls
For me to read

Dreams wrap
Velvet claws
Around the shattered
Fragments of a strange
Reality
Sculpted by my thoughts

My world overlaps me
In ways unexpected
Here a shard of me
Reflects a small part
Infinitesimal
Of my world





Maybe Owls will appear tomorrow.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. "Here a shard of me
    Reflects a small part
    Infinitesimal
    Of my world"

    stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been playing with the concept of shards ~ of crystal, mirrors, me ~ for a long time.

      Thank you for your Lovely comment dani ♥

      Delete